How to Keep Your E-VéLO in Tiptop Shape
A little TLC goes a long way.
You did make an investment into your new E-VéLO. Here are a few tips on how to keep it in tiptop shape and have it last for years to come.
These are easy tips and can be done by anyone at home with minimal effort and tools.
1. Regular cleaning. Use a low-pressure water stream or a damp cloth, scrub gently and then leave it to dry. For all electronic parts including the motor, battery, display and controller – do not submerge in water, only wipe clean with a damp cloth.
2. Lubrication. Lubrication protects your eBike from excessive friction that results in wear and corrosion, especially on the drivetrain, pedals and brakes.
3. Check the bolts. If there is too much play in the bolts, tighten them up a little bit and see if you can identify the cause of the looseness.
4. Brake pads. Clean brakes regularly to avoid squeaks; check brake pads and if they are worn, replace them with new ones. Sometimes new brakes will squeak or rub initially as they get worn in–this is nothing to be concerned about. But if this issue persists, please contact our Service Center so we can inspect if anything requires further adjustment.
5. Worn gears. Efficiently working gears can save the battery life of your electric bikes.
6. Tire pressure. Check for signs of wear and tear and replace tires with visible signs of wear, usually after 2000 km.
7. Battery care. Leaving batteries plugged in for extended periods can shorten their lifespan. Take the battery indoors when cold outside. Please see our extensive recommendations on battery care to ensure you extend the life of the battery.
As always, you are welcome to contact E-VéLO’s Service Center to speak with one of our technicians and we will help you work through any issues you might have.